Tradeshows and exhibitions are excellent opportunities to display your products and connect with the prospective clients. However, participating in tradeshows and exhibitions requires you to move a lot of materials and equipment to setup your stall and display the products. In order to ensure the safety of your products and equipment, it is essential to choose a reputed transport company that offers tradeshow shipping, transportation and trucking services.
Before choosing a trucking and transportation company, you have to first assess the amount of material that needs to be transported. You may require FTL dedicated truckload freight if the material is enough to fill a semi-trailer or LTL service if the material to be transported requires less space. Speak to the service provide and choose the right type of freight.
Before you begin the selection process, contact the event sponsor to enquire if there is a preferred carrier. These carriers offer special rates for the tradeshow participants. Sometimes the event sponsors can also provide you with contacts of reputed shipping companies. You can also use the internet or trade directories to get contacts of tradeshow transportation companies.
Once you have information about a few tradeshow and exhibition shipping and transportation companies, you can consider the following factors to choose the best company.
- The reputation and experience of the company in handling tradeshow and exhibition shipments.
- The customer service standards of the transport company. You can speak to a few of their existing clients or read reviews on the internet forums to know about the quality of their services.
- Enquire the type of packaging provided by the shipping company to ensure the safety of your exhibit items. Also consider the policies of the transport company to handle fragile items with special handling requirements.
- The time taken by the shipping company to transport goods from your warehouse or office to the venue of the tradeshow or exhibition.
- The costs charged by the company. Request for an all-inclusive quotation with no hidden costs.
Choose a tradeshow transportation and shipment company based on your requirement. For example, if you have huge exhibits book a FTL dedicated truckload freight service. Consider the reputation of the provider and the costs involved, and make the right choice.